If I change my name, who do I notify?

Whether you change your name due to marriage, divorce, or simply personal preference, you need to notify everyone you corresponded with using your former or maiden name. Start with:

  • Post Office
  • Department of Motor Vehicles
  • Investment and bank accounts
  • The Social Security Administration (SSA)
  • The Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Your name on your tax return should match your name with the SSA.)
  • Employer
  • Voter’s registration office
  • School alumni offices
  • Credit cards and loans
  • Club memberships
  • Retirement accounts
  • Subscriptions
  • Passport office
  • Insurance agents

Coming Soon!

We are excited to announce
that our new website is coming soon!

Stay tuned for more details!